PSNPROFILES

Solaris

Summing Up the Past #8: Playing Multiple Games at Once

Welcome back!

As I’ve only limited gaming time, I was looking for ways to use the efficiently. By efficiently I mean to unlock as much Platinum Trophies as possible in the shortest possible time. And as I have a P3, a PS4 and a Vita I was thinking about playing games on all of these systems at the same time. But this would mean that I’d need games which don’t need full concentration and where I don’t have to do much. After searching through some forums I realized that Telltale games would be ideal for this. Most of those games have different trophy stacks on different stacks on different systems and you don’t have to do much while playing these games. Most of the time you’re just sitting in front of your TV and watch videos. Of course, you can make some choices within the game and have to take control over your character once in a while but that’s it. Additionally you get all trophies in (nearly) all of the Telltale games by just playing through the story. So I thought I might give it a try.

I started Tales from the Borderlands on my PS3 and PS4 at the same time and was watching the first video. When I came to the first part where I had to do something (if I remember correctly, it was some kind of fight where I had to press some buttons), I first did it on my PS4. After this part was over another video started and I switch over to my PS3, where I did the same scene again. This worked like a charm.
Unfortunately I soon had to realize that I still wasted a lot of time in front of the TV by doing nothing as the video sequences took much longer than the scenes where you have to do something. Luckily I still had an unplayed visual novel for my PS Vita, which I started as well.
This means that I was playing 3 games at the same time and I was able to complete them within 2 days. This was a big win as it would have taken me a whole week to complete them all if I’d have been playing them one after the other. Since that bought most of the Telltale games and I played them simultaneously or I played a Telltale game on one of my PlaySation systems on something else on another console.
I soon realized that there are also many visual novels out there, which have separate trophy stacks on different PS systems (e.g. Steins;Gate) and I always try to play them simultaneously. This save me a massive amount of time already.

Here’s the list of games in which I unlocked Platinum Trophies starting from October 2016 until December 2016:

54.  Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ - A typical visual novel that was free to PS+ members once. I played this game at the same time as both versions of Tales from the Borderlands.

55.  Tales from the Borderlands (PS4 version) – A typical Telltale game. You make some choices and take control over your character once in a while but most of the time you’re watching videos. You’ll get all trophies by playing through the story.

56.  Tales from the Borderlands (PS3 version) – see above

57.  Adam’s Venture Origins – What a lame game. It’s like some crappy Tomb Raider clone but without shooting and fun. Luckily you can complete it in a few hours.

58.  Steins;Gate (EU PS3 version) – A simply visual novel. I played it simultaneously with the Vita version.

59.  Steins;Gate (EU Vita version) – see above

60.  Magus – This is some kind of crappy little RPG in which you’re forced to play with a mage. Story, graphics and gameplay are awful in this game but it’s easy and can be completed in a view hours.

61.  Megamind – The game to the movie of the same name. It’s a kids game so you don’t have to expect any challenge.

62.  Game of Thrones (PS4 version) – A typical Telltale game. Nothing special about it.

63.  NCIS Game – That’s some kind of Point & Click game based on the TV show. Can be completed in a view hours with the help of a guide.

64.  Game of Thrones (PS3 version) – see 53, I was playing Snoopy on PS4 at the same time.

65.  Snoopy’s Grand Adventure – An easy platformer. The only bad thing about this game are the collectibles. There are a lot and you’ll spend some hours searching for them.

66.  Riptide GP2 – This is an arcade racing game with Jet-Skies. There are several modes in which you have to win races or beat the highscore by performing tricks. Not a bad game.

67.  Monster Jam: Path of Destruction – I was quite surprised when I played this game. I though a game featuring monster trucks must be awful but in the end I liked it. IMO the best game from the series.

68.  My Name is Mayo (PS4 version) – AKA the clicking simulator. Seriously, you have to click 10000 times on a mayo jar. That’s basically all you’re doing but how much can you expect from a game which costs 1$? ;-)

69.  Terminator Salvation – As a huge Terminator fan I must admit that this game is just one big insult to the whole Terminator franchise. Gameplay, story and graphics just suck!

70.  Up – In this game you replay the story of the Disney movie. As it is designed for kids, it’s not really hard but includes the usual collectibles. Can be done in a few hours.

71.  Monster Jam: Crush It! – This game has been released shortly after I played path of destruction and I thought that this game will be fun too but it turned out that it’s just bullshit. The modes are bad and the physics just suck. I mean you can drive up invisible walls during stunt levels. I think the devs just wanted to release this game quickly to make some easy money.

72.  LA Cops – A top down Shoot ‘em Up. As the name implies, you’re playing as a cop and have to kill some gangsters. The game itself is nice but you have to beat it in all 3 difficulties to get the Platinum Trophy. Lucky one playthrough only takes 2-3 hours and nightmare difficulty isn’t that hard with a fully upgraded character.

73.  Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (EU version) – This is one of the longer visual novels I played up to now. It has a lot of different ending and you also need to play a mini-game for a few hours as you need to earn enough points to unlock all scenes and pictures.

74.  Jazzpunk (US version) – see 49

75.  Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour – I think everyone has already heard of Duke Nukem so I won’t get into detail. As it is an anniversary edition it contains a few new maps. This is one of the few games in which you can use in-game cheats without voiding trophies. With this you can get all of them within a few hours.

76.  Dead Synchronicity – I really had to push me through this Point & Click. I really had no interest in the story at all and I also didn’t like the design of the game. One of the worst Point & Clicks I’ve played until now.

77.  The Walking Dead (PS4 version) – This is my favorite Telltale game. I already played it a few years ago on my XBOX360. I can recommend this to every Walking Dead fan. The story is great and there’re also longer parts in which you’re in control of your character. It’s not like the other Telltale games in which of them you’re just watching videos most of the time.

78.  Nubla (US version) – This is a tiny little puzzle game with a few collectibles. It can be completed in around 30 minutes by using this guide or watching this video on IBadDriverI’s YouTube channel.

79.  The World of Nubla – see above

80.  Far Cry Primal – I had this game in my backlog for a few months. I always wanted to play it but I never found the time. Basically it’s a really good game with solid graphics but it gets boring with the time. Killing enemies in different ways can be fun but capturing all outposts and forts is all the time the same. Nevertheless, I’m happy that I played the game but I’m also happy that I’m done with it.

81.  ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS (EU version) – This is a multiplayer game in which everyone is in control of a – what a surprise – rocket and your aim is to destroy your opponents. The game is fun for about 5 minutes but then you’ve already seen everything. If you’re going for a trophy, I highly recommend a boosting partner as this will make some of the trophies much easier.

82.  TEKKEN Tag Tournament HD – This is one of the easiest Beat ‘em Up games out there. Most of the trophies can be unlocked while playing against yourself. For some trophies it’s recommended to have someone who assists you. Entering commands on 2 controllers at the correct time can be a bit tricky.

83.  The Little Acre – A Point & Click. As usual, follow a guide and you can complete it within a few hours.

84.  ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS (US version) – see 81

That’s it for today. Next time will be the last “Summing Up the Past” post. Afterwards I’ll post every time I get a new Platinum Trophy and will get a little bit more into detail of the games.

Yours,
AvengedEvil

No comments:

Post a Comment