PSNPROFILES

Solaris

Summing Up the Past #2 – My first Platinum Trophy


Welcome back! Today I’d like to tell you the story behind my first Platinum Trophy.

As mentioned in my last post, it wasn’t my intention to become a trophy hunter. Thus I never thought that I’ll unlock my first Platinum Trophy already a few weeks after creating my PSN account but I did it for a reason.
Some friends of mine, who already unlocked trophies when PS3 was state of the art, often said something like: “Look at this guy’s profile, he has already xxx Platinum Trophies!” or “Wow, this guy just unlocked another Platinum Trophy!” As a newcomer to trophies I thought unlocking a Platinum Trophy must be really hard and you have to really good at this specific game. Now I know that this isn’t true. There are surely hard Platinum Trophies out there but many can be achieved quite easily, even though some of them require a lot of time.
One time I was sitting in front of my PS4 and I started to check out the PSN profiles of my friends. Even though they already unlocked their first trophies on their PS3, some of them never managed to unlock a Platinum Trophy. So I said to myself: “Wouldn’t it be awesome to unlock a Platinum Trophy a few weeks after creating a PSN profile? What would my friends think about that?” Thus I started to check out the trophies of Driveclub, the game I was playing at that time. I saw that the Platinum Trophy had – and still has – a high rarity but it seemed doable for me. I thought: “Hey, those trophies aren’t hard, they’re just time intensive. I can do this!” Immediately after that I started hunting my first trophies.
On 25th May 2015 it happened. Exactly 10 days after I started Driveclub and 12 days after I created my account I unlocked #UniteInSpeed – my first Platinum!
Of course I immediately told my friends about it. Most of them acted like they don’t care but I know there were at least a few of them who’ve been really impressed – even though they never told me this directly.
OK, first Platinum Trophy unlocked. No big deal. Should I go for more? “No, you’re not a trophy hunter. Just play games you really enjoy. If you don’t get Platinum, who cares?” This is what I was thinking at that time not realizing that something deep inside me already made click. But this is something that took me a few more months to realize.

I hope you enjoyed reading. Stay tuned for more!

Yours,
AvengedEvil

PS: There're still some DLCs left I need to complete in Driveclub.

No comments:

Post a Comment