PSNPROFILES

Solaris

Summing Up the Past #3 – Need for Speed? Done! Or not?


Hey there! Thanks for coming back! Today I’ll tell you something about the way to my 8th Platinum Trophy as well as something about an unexpected DLC.

 

My “career” as a trophy hunter nearly ended before it even started. Soon after my first Platinum Trophy many things changed in my life and they had nothing to do with gaming. I fell in love with my girlfriend, moved to a new home and also become godfather of my niece. As you can imagine, those things kept my busy for a while and I was hardly ever thinking about playing video games. Nevertheless I still played some games from time to time and I was able to get the Platinum Trophies of following games:
  • Lego Jurassic World
  • Rocket League
  • Farming Simulator 15
  • Lego Marvel’s Avengers
  • The Order: 1886
  • Hitman GO
None of those games has been much of a challenge but I had to return to Rocket League from time to time over the next one and a half years to finish some DLCs.

In April, nearly a year after my first Platinum Trophy, everything settled a little bit and I found more time to play games. As I was thinking about getting the latest Need for Speed for a while, I thought it would be the perfect time now. The Platinum Trophy seemed a little bit time intensive and the DLCs seemed to be a bit of challenge but I knew I could do them.

I got myself a copy of the game and I truly enjoyed it since the first minute. I must admit, I’m a fan of the Need for Speed series since I played Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit on my Playstation back in 1998 and thus it wasn’t a big surprise that I liked this game.

It didn’t took me that long to unlock the Platinum and also the DLC wasn’t that challenging. Mental Unblock was hard as I couldn’t get used to the car for a while. In the end I was still able to unlock this trophy – although it took me a lot of tries. The lamest trophy in the game was Hit The Ceiling. It was just on big grind to reach reputation level 70. As soon as I reached it, I was done with the game. At least, that’s what I thought.

As I was thinking that I was done, I sold the game. And you know what? A few days after I got rid of it, the infamous Prestige and Speedlists DLC was released. The difficulty in this new mode has increased dramatically and you need a lot of skills and time to unlock the 3 new bronze trophies. That’s right, 3 BRONZE trophies!

I was so angry. If I had known this before, I wouldn’t have ever bought this game. After reading through some forum posts I soon realized that I’m not the only one. People were really mad at EA for release this DLC: They were complaining about the difficulty and that this DLC was released such a long time after the base game came out.

Up to now I never played the game again, meaning I never tried any of this new races. Maybe I never will. The only thing I can tell you is that only a few people out there managed to get those trophies and from what I know it took them around 100 hours.

 

That’s if for now. I hope you enjoyed reading: Next time I’ll tell you a short story about Mortal Kombat. Until then: Happy Hunting!

 

Yours,

AvengedEvil

No comments:

Post a Comment