PSNPROFILES

Solaris

Summing Up the Past #4 – Mortal Kombat

Hi and welcome back! As announced last time, this post will be about Mortal Kombat.
 
As already said, in spring 2016 I found more time to play games. At this time I also decided to go for Platinum Trophies as well as to get a better completion rate. One big eyesore in this regards was Mortal Kombat. I only played it once just for fun – unfortunately with my account – with one of my friends on his PS4. To be precisely, it was on 25th May 2015, the exact same day on which I unlocked my first Platinum Trophy ever. Thus I thought it might be a good idea to unlock some trophies in this game. Up to now I only had two in this game.
I bought myself a copy of the game with the attitude to only some of the easy trophies. Especially the all easy trophies (e.g. completing the tutorial, spilling 1,000 pints of blood…) and the ones that can be boosted with a second controller (e.g. perform every character’s X-Ray/Fatality…). As a complete Mortal Kombat noob I thought that this will be enough for me.
Surprisingly I got used to the game mechanics quite fast and I really started to enjoy playing this game. Due to this I set my goals higher and higher and was able to unlock more and more trophies. I also bought the XL add-on and unlocked all of its trophies as well.
On 30th March, after 20 days of intensive playing and grinding, I was nearly done with the game. The only trophy left was “Keep it Secret”. For this I had to find a secret fight in one of the living towers. Unfortunately this trophy is some kind of date sensitive. Every week there’s a new living tower but unfortunately not all of them include a secret fight. Thus I had to wait for the right tower to appear to unlock this trophy.
I was searching through some forums to find out if anybody knows when such a tower will appear. What I read there really scared me. Some people where already waiting since months! Some of them already feared that those towers will never show up again and thus making this Platinum Trophy unobtainable.
Luckily it turned out that this wasn’t true. A few weeks later the right tower showed up and finally, nearly eleven months after unlocking my first two trophies in this game, I was able to get the last bronze trophy as well as the Platinum Trophy.
I was really happy! Not even that I completed this game, it also taught me a lesson. Never ever play a game just for fun with your real account – ALWAYS use a secondary account for such things – and keep your hands of games with stupid date sensitive trophies.

That’s it for today. I hope you enjoyed reading. In any way you’re welcome to leave a comment and come back for more. Up next: Auto-Popping! 

Yours,
AvengedEvil

No comments:

Post a Comment